Why am I required to submit ID documents to 1Market?
We work hard to ensure the integrity of client accounts at all times. This means that we work to prevent financial fraud, money-laundering, and identity theft. 1Market is required by law to have all prospective clients fully verify their identity by providing us with ID documents. This is known as KYC, or Know Your Customer.
Which ID documents are required?
As part of the ‘Know Your Customer’ process, we are required to have the following documentation from you:
- Government Issued photo ID Document
Please provide us with a clear and unobstructed copy of the front/back of a government-issued identity document. This can be a driver’s license, ID card, passport, or official travel document.
2. Provide Proof of Residence:
In order to validate where you live, we require a bank statement, or a recent utility bill with your name and address clearly printed. It is imperative that the utility bill you upload is dated within the past 3 months, before the day that you requested your trading account to be opened.
Acceptable examples of utility bills include a landline telephone bill, an electrical bill, a gas bill, a credit card statement, a mortgage bill statement, or a bank statement. If you are currently leasing, a lease agreement will suffice. Please be sure that all documents are legible and include the following information:
- The date of issue.
- Your complete residential address.
- The stamp, name, or logo of the authority issuing the document.
- Your full name, including first name, middle name (if applicable), and surname.
3. Credit Card Information: 1Market requires a clear copy of the front and the back of the credit card you used to deposit funds into your account. You can blank out all of the numbers on the card except the last four digits of the card. Be sure that your credit card clearly shows your full name (name and surname), and the expiration date of the card.
Owing to regulatory requirements regarding KYC, we require all of this documentation within 72 hours of registration, to activate your account.
How to transmit ID documentation transmitted to 1Market?
We make it easy to send your documents to us. Choose one of the following methods:
- Click this link to upload your documents, or simply login to your www.1market.com account. Click on the ‘Upload Documents’ button, in the dropdown menu of your profile.
- Email your documentation to the following address: email@example.com
- Check your email from us, and reply by attaching your identity documents.
*Be advised that 1Market will only accept legible, clear, and correct identity documents. All of your details must be clearly displayed.
**Any uploading of fake or incorrect documentation may result in 1Market blocking your account, or perhaps terminating your account.